[Haifux] Open call for projects by ISOC-IL

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Thu Jul 23 15:58:52 IDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 02:51:39PM +0200, Eli Billauer wrote:
> Hello,
> In this context, I have two words in mind: GIMP and Hebrew.
> Maybe the situation has become better since I downloaded my version 2.4,
> but proper documentation and translation of the GUI may be in place.
> Just an idea, if someone wants to pick it up.

Another thing, in the context of Hebrew, I'd really love to see (though
I have no idea about the complexity) is text-to-speech.

Koby Zamir put some initial working version based on Mbrola:

However Mbrola is in the "not exactly free" category.

Don't you just love to have an ugly, metalic voice read your email with
tons of funny errors?

Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir at jabber.org | VIM is
tzafrir at cohens.org.il |                    |  best